Sunday 13 June 2010

This, Jen, is the INTERNET!


This is an amazing geeky British comedy that I love. I have never watched it religiously like other series such as House, but every time I have watched it, I have been laughing my ass off and I have yet to find anyone that does not enjoy it.
The description:
Award-winning sitcom from Graham Linehan. Banished from the ivory towers of Reynholm Industries, the IT crowd lurk below ground, avoiding work and social contact in equal measure....
Channel 4 link -----> IT Crowd

So so so so so many good moments throughout of the seriesesesesss currently out. Here are a few that I love:

Jen: OK. Moss, what did you have for breakfast this morning?
Moss: Smarties cereal.
Jen: Oh my God. I didn't even know Smarties made a cereal.
Moss: They don't. It's just Smarties in a bowl with milk.
Youtube link

Jen: Now, I'll be honest with you, the reason I got you round a bit early is to go over a few ground rules with you. If this evening is going to work in any way, you need to pretend to be normal people, yeah? Keep the conversation about things that would interest everybody. You know, nothing about memory or RAM.
Moss: Memory is RAM!
Youtube link

John: I don't think that's true.
Jen: With all due respect John, I am the head of IT and I have it on good authority. If you type "Google" into Google, you can break the Internet. So please, no one try it, even for a joke. (the executives laugh) It's not a laughing matter. You can break the Internet.
Youtube link

Do not need to quote this, just have a watch!
Youtube link

And Lastly and my most fav!
Jen: What is it?
Moss: This, Jen, is the Internet.
Jen: What?
Moss: That's right.
Jen: This is the Internet?
Moss: [Moss is nodding his head]
Jen: (suspiciously) The whole Internet?
Moss: (agreeably) Yep. I asked for a loan of it, so that you could use it in your speech.
Youtube link

I hope this gives you a little insight into an infectiously awesome British comedy if you have yet to discover it. The new series is being aired as of Friday the 25th on Channel 4. I am so looking forward to being able to watch this series on a TV back in the UK. Oooooh! Will miss the first few episodes though.

Side note: True Blood new series tonight! Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh! Love it. Found it so funny when I got A to watch it :p Silly wall posts I got from him about the DOG at silly O'clock in the morning. Special people in my life. Never to be forgotten :D

BryonyRuth Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment