Saturday 12 June 2010

Weekdays

I have not had an amazingly exciting week. It has been fairly busy with the family during the days but then relaxed in the evenings. I have sat in my room thinking a lot, which in some ways is bad but is also useful. Lets me get a little perspective of things and what is important for me.

Things I have done....
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday were kinda bad days. Stuck in my head. Feeling I am worth more than the way a certain someone treated me, but I was happy at the time (except for the complaining and moaning) so I should not think that I was treated terribly, but more on the fact that things just did not work out.
I went to Vigelandspark with O on Monday morning, we played in the play ground and ran about. It was a nice distraction.
Wednesday, I got 'asked' to go for a walk at 8 in the evening, so we met at 9 in Majorstua and headed to Sognsvann. I had never been up there and even though the weather was not amazing, it was really nice and had an interesting talk. We sat on a jetty going into the lake and ate some chocolate. Got home quite late-ish.
Thursday I went to D's. I had to get out of the house and make myself do something and D is now in the UK for a few days, so was nice to see her before the weekend. We watched Youth in Revolt. We were meant to see Sex and the City 2 at some point but we just have not got round to it, maybe I'll wait till it is out on DVD. We also made pies, or rather D made pies/pasties. They were cute and really rather yummy! I headed home early to give D a chance to pack and such, although she did not :P Last minute packing! Hahaha.
The boys got some awesome treats Thursday evening. A new climbing/swing set thing and a football goal to go in the garden.

Friday I baby sat. It was a long ass day, I may complain but seriously this is not like a proper job so I should not. Looking after children is hard though and one can get rather lonely, I am just glad I can give them back :) Kudos to all of my friends that have kids, especially the ones that are single mums! Anyway, I had O for a huge amount of the day. And the other boys on and off. Since O had a nap so late I also put him to bed an hour later than usual, so yes, long day. It was ok though, just the weather that was nasty. The thing I would like to complain about with Norwegian schools in comparison to schools in the UK is that the times for school each day changes! Like not just the start time but the end time. Like some days they finish at 12.30 and others 2.30. Some kids go to Afterschool club (SFO) but not every day. I just find finishing school so early odd. Like in Primary school in the UK, 12.30 is half way through lunch time, not home time, and they have already had their lunch boxes in school before they are home at 12.30.

Baking - Lots going on in this house this week.
Tuesday – Fairy cakes with pink butter icing, marshmallows and smarties.
Wednesday – Fairy cakes with simple green and pink icing with smarties and hundreds and thousands.
Thursday – Raisin buns.
Friday – Chocolate chip cookies.

Week summed up I think. Pretty crap and not very interesting :)

Have a nice weekend peoples!
BryonyRuth

No comments:

Post a Comment