Tuesday 1 June 2010

Eurovision

So here is my post about Eurovision.
Many people can not understand the 'ODD' people that like Eurovision. I say like in a loose way, as there are a number of different ways of 'liking' Eurovision but I think I shall explain the British way.

In the UK, Eurovision has never ever been taken seriously for as long as I can remember. It is a bit of fun, to have a bit of a party and take the mick out of the countries in a harmless way.

The person that voiced over the Eurovision song contest in the UK up until 2008 was the legend that is Sir Terry Wogan. He just made fun of every single thing, but in a joyful non nasty way. I think in other countries the commentary is rather serious. Ei said that in the Norway it is nothing like what me and D described it in the UK.

Such a funny video. Infact watched this in Norway when I was visiting A. Hilarious even without Terry Wogan talking over it. And twelve points goes to Sweden.... HAHAHA! I think having lived in Norway I have slowly picked up the ability to take the p*ss out of the Swedes. Oooops. I do not think that other countries talk over the presenters anywhere near as much they do in the UK. Graham Norton now does the commentary, I was not looking forward to it, but it was rather good. He is gay, I think in other countries (Not sure about the UK) a lot of gay people enjoy it for its flamboyancy. That is what a Norwegian friend of mine said anyway.

There is also the people that genuinely like the music. Some of it is good, but I would not want to listen to it every day, except ...... Alexander Rybak - Fairytale Hahah! I joke I joke!

Here is one of the best moments of Eurovision 2010! Actually amazing. A little awkward to watch but if you keep with it, its really kinda motivational? :/ Hehe.

Get on the Eurovision train and enjoy it. You might find you like it. Ei definitely got more into it after we kinda made him stay. Haha.
BryonyRuth Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment